Alternatives to replace your cable box
First and foremost, let’s start with the simple and uncomplicated stuff, you can get started without any new equipment! Yes, you most likely have one or more devices in your own home that you can use as we speak, right now, to switch your cable box.
If you have a personal computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone, you’re all set and good to go! You can stream your most loved TV shows, movies or audio on any of these devices, you don’t need to pay for any new gadget to start streaming TV. However, if what you’re trying to do is sit down and watch the same TV content or movies on the big screen TV, most likely with your loved ones and close friends also watching with you, then you’ll need to watch one of the following: streaming devices:
1. HD Antenna: Not a streaming device per se, but you can still use it as a cable box substitute, allows you to get many over-the-air networks (depending on where you are), without getting a bill every month from the cable company!
2. Smart TV: it is a television that allows you to stream TV content online, directly from the Internet, using the applications included in the television; Regardless, this is possibly the best strategy if you’re in the market for a new TV. .
3. Smart Blu-ray Player – Almost all new Blu-ray players have online video streaming capabilities, they are not the most versatile devices for streaming media, however it is an option you may want to explore, if you are looking for a Blu-ray. ray ray player anyway.
4. Video game console: Many of the latest video game consoles can stream video content online. Personally, this option is an exaggeration if we only want to watch TV.
5. Streaming Media Stick – Streaming media sticks are probably the most popular way to stream TV content online, on your own existing personal TV, without needing to buy another TV, or an expensive video game console if you don’t. it does. I don’t want one!
Streaming media devices are used to do one thing and one thing mainly, stream online video and music content to your own TV. Once plugged in and connected, they allow you to make use of some apps or channels, some are paid, many are zero cost (Netflix, huluplus, YouTube, etc.). The top 4 contenders in the streaming media device market are: Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Google Chromecast.